In The Blogosphere

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Daily Mass

 

Before I stroked I was a daily Mass goer. I know that isn't popular now days. It was obvious from how empty the church was each morning; me and only about a dozen retired parishioners. It's not hard to explain why I went. It just seemed like the right thing to do to start out the day worshiping God.
Well since my strokes I can't drive and I don't walk around by myself because I will easily get lost. So it has been hard for me to get to Mass. Today Awesome Chick took me before she went to work. It was like a homecoming for me. It was another part of my normal life that I feel I'm getting back. We talked about this and it would be too hard for her to take me every day. But she is doing to take me every Friday morning. I hope I can hook up with one of my old Mass buddies and catch a ride another morning or two.
This is also another step in my independence. I'm hoping to be able to get into some volunteer work and doing it through my parish makes sense. Before stroke I used to be involved in Catholic ministries in the jails and nursing homes in the areas. What a blessing it would be to work my way back.

Source: StrokeNet Message Board -> The Journey Back

No comments: